Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews Paul Andrews is offline

Default Whats this Building made of?

"Tom" wrote in message
Owain wrote:
Tom wrote:
I have been told it might be 'plastisol' but no one seems to know for
sure at the moment. Hopefully it's either galvanised or coated steel, it
just looks suspiciously like asbestos to me from the inside, although
the corrugated asbestos sheets I have seen elsewhere had wider
corrugations.

Have you tried hitting it or sticking a magnet to it? Steel will sound
metallic; asbestos or other fibrous board dead.

Owain

I only have the pictures to go on at the moment, its for sale by a company
that are a bit disorganised and the people I have spoken to dont seem to
know, the building is in the middle of nowhere I think so they cant just
go and try a magnet on it. We are paying for it to be delivered and dont
want to find out its asbestos when it turns up, though it probably isn't.

Easy. Tell them that you will buy it on condition that it is not constructed
using asbestos materials.

Paul

http://i15.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/cd/73/08_1.JPG

apax63 'at' dsl 'dot' pipex 'dot' com