Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Andrews Paul Andrews is offline

Default Whats this Building made of?

"Tom" wrote in message
Phil Anthropist wrote:
"Tom" wrote:
Described as a Portal frame steel building

http://i5.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/d7/46/ac_1.JPG
http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/d3/9d/79_1.JPG

Is that asbestos or galvanised steel?

Thanks

Is there a prize?

Yes, if asbestos the owner gets to keep it.

I have been told it might be 'plastisol' but no one seems to know for sure
at the moment. Hopefully it's either galvanised or coated steel, it just
looks suspiciously like asbestos to me from the inside, although the
corrugated asbestos sheets I have seen elsewhere had wider corrugations.

All of the corrugated aspestos I've seen is easily distinguishable from
steel because of it's rougher texture and thickness (asbestos sheets are far
thicker than galvanised steel).

Surely this is a question the owner can answer easily, or even yourself upon
inspection?

Failing that, a close-up would help of the sheets, particularly at an
edge/overlap.

Paul