Beecrofter

Default it's the little things which can kill you.

Andy Dingley wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:13:08 GMT, jim wrote:

about 6 months ago there was a show on tv that showed a new circular saw
that was being sold that the operator held a hot dog by the blade.. when
the blade hit the hot dog it quit and the electric brake went on and the
hot dog just had a little nick in it...

SawStop - read rec.woodworking for more discussion of it.

Dreadful company. They're trying to play the liability card and hoping
for government intervention to make their frippery gadget mandatory on
all new saws.

The company that invented the saw stop is trying to cram it up our ass
via the regulatory route and I hope they fail.

The majority of hand injuries involving the table saw are from
reaching beyond the saw blade and contacting it and being pulled back
in. Somehow little bits of offcut dancing on the table manage to
hypnotize the operator into being stupid for just a second.
The rim speed of your average tablesaw is about 180mph so kickbacks
can get rather interesting as well.