Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Barnhart Pinball Barnhart Pinball is offline

Default picture problem - Hitachi 50UX7B

Hi, new to the group. I just picked up this 50" rear projection TV from a
friend, has a picture issue. To me, it looks like how some tv's do when
they have a vertical hold problem. The picture will wobble/flag at the top,
then roll over a few times. Then holds, then repeats.

He said it did this a few years back, he had it sent in for repair - said
they replaced some board, cost about $400 to have fixed. (would this be a
"convergence board")

Not sure what I'm looking for - but would like to get it running right as I
remember it to have a great picture. Thanks for any help...