Posted to uk.d-i-y
Douglas de Lacey Douglas de Lacey is offline

Default OT Saving water in a downpour

Doctor Drivel wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

every home should have a decent sized tank full of rainwater located
under the roof downpipe to be available as a reserve in times of
drought.

No need enough water is in he UK. It needs a water grid, that's all.
Water is NOT a precious resource in the UK. We have so much we can
afford waste some and its doesn't matter.

At the risk of capsising yet another potentially useful thread: that's
what they used to say about gas, oil, the rain forests. Oh, and what
about the energy needed for its purification and transport?

Douglas de Lacey