Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] grumpyoldhori@gmail.com is offline

Default Drill Press Uses?

HerHusband wrote:
I bought a Delta benchtop drill press a couple of years ago, thinking it
would be one of the most used machines in my workshop. I bought it to make
mortises, drill shelf pin holes, holes for inset hinges, etc. But, two
years later, I find I rarely even plug it in. All the things I bought it
for, I tend to use my cordless drill for instead, or use different
materials or techniques that don't require the drill press.

It took me years to finally purchase a drill press, so I don't really want
to get rid of it. But I'm curious what other people do with their drill
press to get more use out of them?

Ideas please...

Thanks,

Anthony

Greeting from New Zealand, Anthony
Having a spare small drill press I am converting it into
a small milling machine like this.
http://www.pathcom.com/~vhchan/cnc/cnc.html

Except I am not using the CNC part of it.
Rather than go tothe trouble of making a housing
for the bottom bearing,I am using the front hub and
axle from a rear wheel drive car.
Bolt the hub up,and spin the stub axle.