Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. Clark W. Griswold, Jr. is offline

Default Oil to Natural Gas Conversion Costs

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

In spite of all your "cons' of gas, if it was available to me tomorrow, I'd
change tomorrow. Do you honestly think oil is competitive in price? The
dealers in this area are doing rather well for themselves and price between
them varies a couple of pennies at best. Gas remains competitive to oil
when priced in therms in most regions.

While I agree with you in principle, there are regional variations that make
natural gas and fuel oil very close in pricing.

There was a time when natural gas was substantially less than fuel oil, but then
the utilities built a bunch of peak demand electricity plants fueled by natural
gas and that increased demand to the point that the gap is much smaller.

All energy is tied anyway, so increases in one for any reason will drive the
others.