Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Fridge Question

F. H. wrote:

JayD wrote:

I have a GE side x side Fridge/Freezer-
Don't know how old - we bought it from the previous homeowner when we
bought the house
6 years ago (I'm figuring at least 10 - 12 years old).
The freezer section is fine, but the fridge is definately not as cold
as it should be -
Can't give you a temp reading, but Milk/meats are not lasting as long
as they should.
The house does have Central Air and is comfortable whenever we're home.
Is it worth getting repaired ? Thanks.

Just went through similar situation (see header "Refrigerator only
partially cooling" 7/27 for some posted suggestions. We had a guy
come out to fix ours and the first thing he did was pull a tray out of
the freezer side which revealed a wall of ice on the back of that
compartment.

Translation: Two parts that controls the auto defrost were not working.
One was called (def limiter) the other (def control). 142.00 parts,
82.00 labor. Good luck.

Good post F.H., that is a typical problem.

Also, check to see if the condenser fan is blowing air and that the
condenser coils are clean.

Additionally, push the door button down so you can check if the
evaporator fan is running & moving air.
- udarrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html