Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert Brian Elfert is offline

Default Yuk! HOME DEPOT is awful these days

jj writes:

Well, from the responses. It is not just my imagination or the local
area stores but every where Home Depot has gone down hill. I too, to the
tune of several thousand dollars a year (remodeling projects) was spent
at Home Depot but have since been purchasing mostly from Lowes. Lowes
here in the PNW have 4 times as many clerks about twice as many people
on the floor as Home Depot. BTW, I did send corporate a letter. Usually,

Lowes may have more floor employees, but they charge a LOT more to pay for
them. A 2x4 8 foot usually costs around $2.69 at Home Depot, but will
cost genrally around $3.69 at Lowes. I've found just about everything to
be more at Lowes. I only go to Lowes if nobody else has an item. Also,
the nearest Lowes is a 15 mile trip each way.

I've been doing most of my shopping at Menards recently even though HD is
only about a mile or two further. Menards prices are always the same or
less than HD these days. Home Depot was the cheapest three or four years
ago, but HD prices have gone way up.

Brian Elfert