Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] knotstream@gmail.com is offline

Default Yuk! HOME DEPOT is awful these days

I believe what you said is true.

I just visit HD this morning. I asked the man in electrical area on
something that I previous bought from HD but I don't know where it is
located at. The man told me "I don't know" then turned his back and
walked away.

The same and similar scenarios, I shopped at Lowes, I have never leave
any Lowes store without any answer.

Since I have been experience many times like this so I am shopping at
Lowes much more than HD even though Lowes it a little farther while
there are many HD stores around me.

This might be a reason why now HD Supply store at Landess in Milpitas
is changing their store name into Contractor Warehouse. I spoke to a
store manager about the bad and really bad services at HD. I told
them, I hope after they changed into a new name, they will not step on
the previous footprint of HD before.

I don't think the bad service because the CEO; but the business vision
of the whole HD management system.

San Jose, California.

Tim Taylor wrote:
"jj" wrote in message
I used to shop a lot at HOME DEPOT around these parts, because it was
the closet to me. But a while back they eliminated all of the checkers
except for one and have those stupid automated checkouts that are a pain
in the @#$!$. There is no such thing as a quick trip to HD any more. The
lines are often 10 or 12 deep. Now I just avoid HD and go to Lowes. A
couple of miles farther away but a damn site faster than going to HD.

Also, I have noticed a lot less employees on the floor in HD than Lowes.

The last time I was in HD (months ago) I mentioned to an employee how I
thought the store was going down the tubes. They replied I don't know
the half of it. They mentioned something about a new CEO. Sigh, probably
another example of a CEO ruining a company while at the same time
getting rewarded with hugh bonuses.

How's HD in your area?

I just got back from doing a week and four days worth of work at an Eagle
(Lowe's) on Oahu. Had to island hop to Maui and the Big Island. Just from
driving around and general sight seeing, HD out numbers Lowe's on the island
something like 3 to 1. Obviously they must be doing something right over
there. Ah, Hawaii.