Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Fix for garage door tear

wrote:

One of the panels on my metal garage door has a small tear/rip on the
inside edge. It is very visible on the inside of the garage, and is a
little bit visible on the outside. The door came with the house when
we bought it several years ago. The torsion spring broke and we're
replacing it next week.

What are options for a temporary fix to keep the rip from spreading?
Replacing the whole door would be really really hard to afford for me
right now. Are there any websites with details on this type of repair?

Thanks,
GP

Hi,
Layers of Aluminum duct tape might work for tmporary.
They are very sticky.