Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default TV Missing color diagnosis, CRT need rejunivation

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:02:39 GMT, "ian field"
wrote:

Without the use of a rejunivator is there any quick tricks I can try to
see if I can get the green gun a bit brighter. The other guns run fine.
Green does how up on the CRT just dull, hence causing the over driven
red+blue = magenta hue.

Thanks

TEX

Try unsoldering all 3 cathode pins then solder a fly lead to the dud cathode
and give it brief dabs on the chassis - if the CRT is scrap anyway you've
nothing to lose and I've found this sometimes wakes up a sleepy cathode!

Another thing that may work is to boost the heater voltage a little.
Disconnecting the heater winding from both pins of the CRT and then
powering it with a few turns of wire around the flyback core will
work. It usually takes 3-5 turns of wire for the normal 6.3V. Note
the brightness of the heaters before you start and then aim for
something a little brighter with the new winding. If you have a true
RMS volt meter, you can measure the voltage and go for something
around 8 volts. A regular DMM won't give you an accurate reading for
this application.
Andy Cuffe