Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Barnett Bruce Barnett is offline

Default Drill Press Uses?

HerHusband writes:

It took me years to finally purchase a drill press, so I don't really want
to get rid of it. But I'm curious what other people do with their drill
press to get more use out of them?

The most recent was using it to make sure I was tapping a 9/16" thread
straight into metal. I combined it with a spring-loaded device which
fit nicely at the end of my T-Wrench.

Other uses
*) press fitting pens together.
*) A mini-mill. (Get an X-Y table).
I once wanted to cut a 1/16" slot in the edge of a 1/4"
thick metal disk, so I put a dremel-type bit in it, an
cut around it with my drill press.