Posted to rec.woodworking
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Drill Press Uses?

J. Mohnike wrote:
IF YOU CAN REMOVE THE CHUCK, AND TRY TO FIND A NEW ONE THAT WILL
MOUNT TO YOUR DRILL PRESS.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE DP IN A VERTICLE POSITION, TRY MOUNTING IT ON
ITS SIDE AND USE IT AS A HORZ. BOREING MACHINE.
DIFFICULT BUT CAN BE DONE. DID THIS YEARS AGO. I HAVE 6 DP'S ALL GET
USED

GOOD LUCK
WOODWORM
"HerHusband" wrote in message
I bought a Delta benchtop drill press a couple of years ago,
thinking it would be one of the most used machines in my workshop. I
bought it to make mortises, drill shelf pin holes, holes for inset
hinges, etc. But, two years later, I find I rarely even plug it in.
All the things I bought it for, I tend to use my cordless drill for
instead, or use different materials or techniques that don't require
the drill press.

It took me years to finally purchase a drill press, so I don't
really want to get rid of it. But I'm curious what other people do
with their drill press to get more use out of them?

Ideas please...

Thanks,

Anthony

Is your caps lock key in overdrive?