Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default Patchy paint on ceiling

wrote:
Foam roller or shaggy? If foam get a shaggy one. If shaggy, dunno.
Drying too fast coz it's 'ot?

This is driving me nuts! Maybe I set my standards too high. It gets
worse with each subsequent coat (I've been using a medium pile high
quality roller).

I've now tried putting it on with a brush. I think it may be a bit
better (it's been cloudy for a couple of days so the light isn't so
good). However, the paint dries so quickly that it drags and tears,
leaving textured piles here and there. If I were to dilute the paint a
little, or even quite a lot, and slosh it on with a brush, would this
help or make matters worse?

I don't know matey. I did paint a couple of newly boarded ceilings recently;
the first coat was 50/50 paint/water, i.e. very thin, and then I went over
it three times, I think, but it wasn't particularly good paint.

I wonder if the problem you're having is common in hot weather?

Si