Posted to alt.home.repair
JayD JayD is offline

Default Getting New Fridge - A few Questions.

m Ransley wrote:
Buy a new unit you might save 66% on electrical usage,. and wait till
the bills go up..

Ok.... we decided to go ahead and get a new fridge.
Went to our local "Appliance Superstore" and got a good price on a GE
23cu ft Side X side for $1k

http://www.pcrichard.com/CGI-BIN/LAN...3EC07X+PCR+ENG

What's the rep for GE fridges these days ?
I'm a little concerned about how all the controls are push button.

What's the deal with extended warranties?
With all the electronic controls on this thing, I can't imagine it
going 10 years without something breaking. We plan on keeping this till
it drops - Is an extended warranty worth it for something like this? (I
know the general consensus is they're a ripoff, but I can see how 1
service call on this thing can be a few hundred bucks)