Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default DIY TV entertainment unit

Andy McKenzie wrote:
"." [email protected] wrote in message
Yup thanks, I did wonder about the accuracy required. I'll probably
use the dowell approach. But it's basic things like how to cleanly
cut the panels. I have a jigsaw, which is probably not the correct
tool. So I guessed I would need a saw bench or pull mitre saw of
some kind.

go for it. once you've tooled up and got the prototypes out of the
way you may end up with a decent enough product to sell it. it may
be a lot more expensive than the ones you can buy in the shops but
if you stick at it for long enough, say 30 years, you may be able to
attain the quality of and volume pricing benefits of, say IKEA
......... buy one for now, save your dreams for when you're tooled up and have
at least some experience of where to start ;-)

Presumably you got someone to read the original post out to you, as
you wouldn't have wanted to Read-it-yourself, as clearly there are
people who can read faster than you, and heaven forfend that you
should do other than meekly consume.

yeah, go on, pop a book in front of a blind man, tell him to get stuck in.

with /varnished ply/, in his front room ! LOL