Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair,comp.robotics.misc
Andrew Schwartz Andrew Schwartz is offline

Default Salvaging Components---Where Do YOU Get Them?

That's just up the road from me in Alexandria.

Andy
"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
According to Curt Welch :
(Donald Nichols) wrote:
According to Andrew Schwartz :
What hamfests are in your area?

Well next weekend (not this one) is one at Berryville VA. This
is the one hamfest at which you can actually get a nice ham
dinner. :-)

There is one in February which used to be in Vienna VA (my home
town),

There was? I've live in Vienna and had no clue there had been a hamfest
here! How long ago was it last here? I've lived here for about 11 years
now (lived down the road in Oakton before that).

It used to be at the Community Center, with the tailgating
overflowing to the parking lot for behind fire department.

As for when it stopped being in the Vienna Community Center,
that was something like seven years ago, at a guess.

So -- you are local to me? I'm in Vienna, still. Do you know
about CAMS (Chesapeake Area Metalworking Society)? Alternate months
have meetings either in Maryland (Laurel, IIRC) or Virginia (not too far
from Annandale, again).

but is now at a nearby community college. (This is sadly
decreased in size, thanks to the loss of a regular location.)

Which one?

The current location is at the Northern Virginia Community
College just off Rt 236, out a ways beyond Annandale. It is about the
third parking lot out from 236 sometime in February.

Sunday, Feb 25th 2007 is the next Vienna hamfest. (It is simply
called "Winterfest" and run by the Vienna Wireless Society.) See the
following URL.

http://www.viennawireless.org/winterfest.php

If you run into me at a hamfest, you will probably be able to
identify me by the following combination of features:

1) Large white beard.

2) Fairly bushy hair -- length varies with time since last hot
weather. :-)

3) Digital SLR (currently a Nikon D70) hung around my neck and
shoulder.

4) Folding two-wheeled cart with a secondary pair of folding
stabilizing wheels, and a white canvas bag for smaller loot hung
from carabiner clips at the top of the handle.

Enjoy,
DoN
.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564