Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge Question

Set both knobs in the middle of the range. If you crank em both up to
highest, you get a cold freezer, and warm fridge. Adjust one letter or
number per 24 hour day.

Vacuum dust from below, and behind fridge.
Check for frozen (someone else mentioned opening the back of the
freezer section).

If it's cooling at all, it's probably worth fixing.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"JayD" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a GE side x side Fridge/Freezer-
Don't know how old - we bought it from the previous homeowner when we
bought the house
6 years ago (I'm figuring at least 10 - 12 years old).
The freezer section is fine, but the fridge is definately not as cold
as it should be -
Can't give you a temp reading, but Milk/meats are not lasting as long
as they should.
The house does have Central Air and is comfortable whenever we're
home.
Is it worth getting repaired ?
Thanks.