Mike Henry

Default KO Lee 612 surface grinder questions

I'm in the market for a surface grinder small enough to get into the
basement shop and came across a KO Lee 612 that looks interesting. I'm not
sure of the model number yet, but it looks quite a bit like this one:

http://www.actionmachinery.com/writeups/12879.htm

or maybe this one from Grant Irwin's web site:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/koleeAFTER-4.jpg

I'm wondering if it is possible to break the grinder down far enough to make
it moveable to the basement with two people and a refrigerator dolly. An
engine host can be located to remove/re-assemble heavy parts. It looks like
the grinder weighs between 1,000 and 1,200 pounds and we were able to move a
similarly heavy Clausing 5914 to the basement.

Also is there anything special to ask about or check on KO Lee grinders?

Mike