Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday W Canaday is offline

Default thousand-dollar pliers

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:45:50 -0700, "eag111 wrote:

ok, maybe i have too much time on my hands...but I came across this on
Amazon (if link doesn't work, go to amazon, tools and hardware dept.,
search for "pliers" and then sort by "price, highest to lowest".... who
uses these, anyway?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...4?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Some time back I was working for a company that made a test stand for
fighter jet fuel pumps. It had a 60,000 rpm output shaft running off
zero-lag gearing using pressurized lubrication and the exterior housing
was made of 1 1/2" cast meehanite to keep the pieces inside on
the day that the bearings eventually fail. I imagine the guys who work in
that facility know all about these sorts of tools.