Owain

Default Wiring Regs and Feeds to DBs

"Pablo" wrote
| Do the regs allow two DBs to be connected in parallel protected
| by only one mcb.
| i.e. a cable feeds DB1 then another cable goes from DB1 to DB2
| but connected directly to the feed for DB1.
| I've looked in the regs but cant seem to find anything that prohibits it.

It's a very common arrangement both domestically (where the supply from the
meter is split by a 'henley block' to feed to CUs and industrially - quite
often DBs will be supplied on a ring main.

Obviously both short-circuit and overload protection have to be adequate,
and I think you'd have problems looping the cable in and out of your DB1
unless its terminals are designed physically (and rated electrically) to
accommodate it.

Owain