BEAR

Default Flourescent lights in the shop

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 01:58:36 GMT, "Toolbert"
wrote:

If you don't need the cold-weather feature I think you're better off with
conventional 4' fixtures though. Last longer, better selection of bulbs.

Bob

And bulbs are a hell of a lot cheaper.

I have a sealed lighting unit that came off an oil rig. Big steel box
with some sort of transparent window. Makes a hell of a work light..2
4' tubes, rugged as hell. Only problem is..the bulbs are the type
that have two close contacts in each end, inside of an oval tit,
unlike the two pin or single nipple type bulbs. The local hardware
store wants $14.USD for Each tube.

Gnerk!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm change out the "sockets" for the standard type and
proceed with the $0.99 4 foot bulbs?

_-_-bear

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives

--
_-_- BEAR Labs
- Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -