Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default "seasoning" cast iron frill grates

"Ubin" wrote in message

Just purchased a new NG grill ...it has HEAVYcast iron grill grates and I
want to "season" them before the first grilling.
I had heard a long time ago when seasoning a cast iron frying pan, just to
coat it with coking oil and put it on high heat.
What method for a grill (what TYPE of oil)?
Thanks

This is just my opinion. After you treat the grates with oil and "season"
them buy a pound or so of hamburger with the most fat you can find, spread
the burgers around the grill and cook them well done. Then throw them away!
The grease and smoke will add much flavor to a new grill.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.