Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair,comp.robotics.misc
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Salvaging Components---Where Do YOU Get Them?

According to Curt Welch :
(Donald Nichols) wrote:
According to Curt Welch :

[ ... ]

It used to be at the Community Center, with the tailgating
overflowing to the parking lot for behind fire department.

As for when it stopped being in the Vienna Community Center,
that was something like seven years ago, at a guess.

I guess I just missed them....

Most people don't look in the town calendar for a hamfest in
February. :-) (And, of course, it is no longer in the calendar, since
it is no loner in the community center.

So -- you are local to me? I'm in Vienna, still.

Yeah, I live here. I live next to Glydon Park on Ainstree Ct.

O.K. That is not far away at all. I'm on Broadleaf Drive, just
off of Beulah. (Between Beulah and Glyndon.)

[ ... ]

Do you know
about CAMS (Chesapeake Area Metalworking Society)? Alternate months
have meetings either in Maryland (Laurel, IIRC) or Virginia (not too far
from Annandale, again).

No, haven't heard of them. I'm not into metalworking (though I have some
interest in getting into it). I'm reading and posting to this thread from
the comp.robotics.misc group.

O.K. There is a sub-group which is sort of between metalworking
and robotics -- the CNC sub-group. Robotics, but very specialized
robotics. :-)

There is no membership fee -- just show up. You can find a link
to the CAMS website off of the dropbox site:

http://www.metalworking.com/

I tend to not remember the URL, because I get the notices on the
mailing list.

[ ... ]

If you run into me at a hamfest, you will probably be able to
identify me by the following combination of features:

[ ... ]

I'll keep my eye out for you!

O.K.

I've had pictures on my web site but it's been down for a few months
because I've been too lazy to set it up again after a computer move. I
should get it back on line and update it.

O.K. You can see a couple of photos of me with concertinas on
the web site in my .sig -- but those photos are several years old now,
and the hair has gotten more towards the gray/white than it was then.
Perhaps it is time to take some new ones. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |