Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Oak Tree removal

Freckles wrote:
I have an oak tree in my front yard which is about 40 feet tall that
I want to have cut down and hauled away. I live in North Central
Dallas. Next week I will be calling a company that does this type of
work to get an estimate. In the mean time I'm just curious if anyone
has had a similar experience with a tree removal in the recent past.
Mostly I would like to find out what kind of price I should be
expected to pay.

Exact same thing last year in Houston. Last spring, my oak woke up dead.
After waiting a couple of months to make sure it just wasn't trying to trick
me, I had it taken down.

I used a neighborhood handy-man. He cut up the tree and hauled the bits to
the curb. Did not grind the stump.

One hundred and eighty dollars. Plus a few cold drinks.