Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Can mortise cuts for hinges be made with a router?

The Woodworking Channel runs the Router Workshop. They rerun a lot. What has
been running for a few weeks are various shows but there is one hanging
doors. He even show exactly how to built a jig for mortising hinges. Watch
them all, you'll learn a lot. http://www.thewoodworkingchannel.com/
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Thanks for all the responses, but I would like to admit that I'm
absolutely clueless and have never used a router (rather I'm evaluating
whether to get one b/c the number of tasks for which I need one is
growing).

Can you point to a reference that talks about how templates work?

Also, to give me the most basic of ideas, for a task like this: do I
move the router while the wood is stationary or do move the wood while
the router is stationary?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude