Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roundup Deemed Dangerous/ Poison Ivy Revisited

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

How about outfits that need certain results in order for their
product
get to market and make a profit? Do you trust them?

I trust reputable agencies. Things like greenpeace, ARA etc. are far
from reputable.

Please name one or more reputable agencies.

And, the next question is not intended to offend, but I have to ask.
When
you see articles which cite research sources, how do you decide which to
trust? In case this is unclear, here are definitions. Number 2 is the
appropriate one in this context.

Main Entry: cite
Pronunciation: 'sIt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): cit·ed; cit·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French citer to cite, summon, from
Latin citare to put in motion, rouse, summon, from frequentative of
ciEre
stir, move -- more at -KINESIS
1 : to call upon officially or authoritatively to appear (as before a
court)
2 : to quote by way of example, authority, or proof cites several
noteworthy authors
3 a : to refer to; especially : to mention formally in commendation or
praise b : to name in a citation
4 : to bring forward or call to another's attention especially as an
example, proof, or precedent cited the weather as a reason for
canceling
the picnic

begin 666 audio.gif
M1TE&.#EA$ `+`+,``,X`(?___P``````````````````````````````````
M`````````````````````"P`````$ `+```$(C#(&0"@F-HK=YI8&6:'8D
3IT[IK9=C)*R![L8J&4S.T4`.P``
`
end

Monsanto

Harry K

Monsanto is not an agency, but that response is an interesting clue to how
you view these things. How about the second question? When sources are
cited, how do you decide which ones you trust?

Okay, if you say so. If you want a real agency EPA. I think that is
the agency that approves all MSDSs.

What sources do I trust and how do I decide? It is more a question of
deciding which ones I don't trust. That includes any source orginating
from places associated with AR, Greenpiece, ELF, Vegetarians. That
last one is sorta open as Vegetarians run the gamet from sane to kook -
most of the vegetarians in these forums are on the kook end of the
scale.

An additional criteria is 'what are they saying?' If it doesn't pass
the smell test (the OPs doesn't) I don't trust it.

Harry K

EPA - that's a funny one, Harry. Like the FDA, lots of conflicts of interest
there.