Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roundup Deemed Dangerous/ Poison Ivy Revisited

wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:55:41 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:26:36 -0000, (Chris
Lewis) wrote:

I believe this came up because the DEA was spraying large parts of the
Andes undiscriminately in an effort to kill coca plants and in the
concentrations they were spraying it was actually killing off large
populations of native plants and animals.

Was that roundup or was that paraquat?

Paraquat is quite toxic, no question about _that_

Paraquat was used on pot plants. Different deal. This was after that
debacle.

Whatever we hosed down Colombian villages with, it doused humans and their
food crops.

Paraquat was the Reagan administration's chemical. Roundup was
Clinton's. They were both defoliants and both probably presented the
biggest threat when they were smoked but the roundup f was used
against coca which wasn't really smoked. Maybe the "agricultural
workers" who got sick were the ones chewing coca leaves.
I do remember the controversy with Greenpeace and it did refer to
activities in South America.0

Whatever we sprayed was killing food crops - small gardens that families
used for food, not big corporate affairs. And, all this to compensate for
the fact that a lot of parents here and elsewhere are unable to talk
honestly to their kids about drugs.