Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood A.M. Wood is offline

Default Can mortise cuts for hinges be made with a router?

wrote:
Hi,

I'm terrible with the chisel and wondering whether a router can be used
to make moretise cuts for hinges. I imagine that you would need to have
curved corners in the cuts. Is that so? In that case, do there exist 1
1/2" hinges with curved corners?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Yes it can. There are a number of templates out there, or you can make
your own. As for the corners, you should be able to square up the
corners with a chisel. If that operation is beyond your skill set you
probably should look into some adult ed woodworking classes.