Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:
A few years ago I, and few others, had a go at Plowman about his
obsession with Dr Drivel and told him to act sensible.

Did you? How nice for you.

He also posted this:

"When I started using plastic pipes I used a hacksaw and trimmed of the
pipe edge. As long as the cut is square all is fine as the pipe indert
isolates the pipe from the O ring as it is being pushed on the pipe. For
a few joints, using a hacksaw and some care, and all is fine. "

Which should leave no doubt as to the identity of "timegoesby".

It's quite interesting in an anorak sort of way to look at some posting
statistics to uk.d-i-y over any period of time. For example, the last 14
days. (which my newsreader is set to keep all posts for).

Dribble made:-
280 posts.
103 - being generous - with something to say on the thread or drift.
177 of the 'snip rubbish' etc type with nothing whatsoever about the
thread.

So a signal to noise ratio of 35%

'timegoesby'
9 posts

5 with something to do with the thread.
4 complaining about others wasting space.

So 55% signal to noise ratio.

So it would be an improvment if dribble became timegoesby permanently.

However he might find it difficult to pat himself on the back...

--
*I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.