Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

wrote:

provocative one. Dr Drivel is head and shoulders above everyone here
in heating and water installations (sorry Ed he is),

Perhaps you are reading a different forum from the rest of us. But most
of the suggested solutions he posts here either don't work and are
poorly thought out, or achieve at three times the cost and complexity
what could be done by other means.

One thing that dribble seems to miss (and why Ed always seems to offer
more grounded and workable advice) is the need to keep things based in
the real world, starting from the actual situation and not some ideal
one, and staying within real budgets that don't allow for upgrading
gas/water mains at a whim or ripping and replacing complete working
systems.

and he will try to
get to the root of what the posters is after and come out with
something worth while,

Most of the time he seems to ignore the actual posters needs and use it
as a broadcast base for his current pet solution.

so only a fool can think he knows better and counters.

or the technically more clued up members of the group (which let`s face
it is almost anyone) point out some of the dangerous or expensive
shortcomings of his proposed solutions.

I use this group a lot Googling.

Why bother? If you only want to read drivel why not take it to email?

In whole interesting threads I will
see Plowmans only contribution is to respond to Dr Drivel in a
sneering, derogatory provocative manner.

A quick search on Dave's posts will reveal (dribble responses excluded)
that they are generally helpful and make a worthwhile contribution.

Very few if any posters can maintain any form of coherent and useful
dialogue with dribble for long no matter how erudite their other
postings. Draw what inference you want from that.

Very very few of dribble's posts contain any useful information - I
expect if you removed all the pointless retorts and insults, you would
be lucky to find more than a handful in the last month! The vanishingly
small number that he does post that do contain something worth hearing
alas tend to get disregarded anyway since over the years he has earned
the disrespect and contempt of the majority of the users of the group.

This has been going on for
years and years. This fool never stops, he has a clear mental problem,
well that is the Internet for you.

You are talking about dribble right?

Plowman rarely adds any useful
information at all just nuisance value.

A read through of his posts that are not in dribble threads proves this
to be nonsense.

It is clear he breaches the
terms of his ISP. There is enough evidence to hang him.

The only regular poster to this group that has had a usenet account
suspended for abuse is dribble. He does not even have the confidence in
his own advice to add his name to it.

A few years ago I, and few others, had a go at Plowman about his
obsession with Dr Drivel and told him to act sensible.

I am sure that must have had him quaking with wry amusement.

If he was kicked off by his ISP, he would emerge in a different name.
They usually do.

Like dribble again?

If he continues in the current manner, and Firth is now adopting his
ways, I might just gather evidence and approach his ISP if I can find
the time between jobs. The likes of Plowman have ruined what is a very
informative group and I am fed with reading nonsense, provocative,

Then killfile him and move on, stop whining like a girl.

childish posts by him. Something has to be done. Every time I defend
Dr Drivel I am accused of being him by some of what I can only describe
as idiots on this group.

I guess if you try to defend the indefensible than that has to be one of
the possible conclusions. The others are perhaps less savoury.

I am now looking to other forums as they are more civilised

OK so long, cheers, have a nice life.

Plowman would not last 2 seconds as the mod would kick them off.

Remember only dribble has had his account kicked for abuse.

the plumbing and heating side it is full of the old school stuck in the
past plumbers. Geoff contributes there as well, and is not one of them.

Hey perhaps there is a calling for your hero?

The electrical section is not bad at all. If the key expert forum
members on uk.d-i-y went over there it would solve a lot of problems
and this group could be left to the idiots who have ruined of what was
once a good group.

Thanks, but we are happy here, you go play.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |