Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] keiron99@hotmail.com is offline

Default Patchy paint on ceiling

I've been having trouble trying to get a good paint finish on the
ceilings in our new extension. The ceilings are boarded and skimmed, I
left them to go bone dry and painted them with Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt
white emulsion using a good quality roller. The first coat was diluted
slightly. However, I've given it 5 (yes five) coats and the
"patchiness" is still clearly visible. It's not that you can see the
plaster beneath, you can just tell where the roller's been. I've treid
going crossways, lengthways, and in random directions. It's getting
worse each time!

Anyone got any tips?