Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] randyvp@gmail.com is offline

Default danby portable air conditioner

Thanks Jeff...you hit the nail on the head. I played around with it
and set the temperature higher and you could then hear the compressor
turn off. I then set the temperature lower, the compressor came on
and then I could hear that pump turn on as well. (Don't tell my wife
though because she was asking if it was the water pump after she read
the manual :-o )

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
wrote:
I just recently purchased a portable danby air conditioner model:
DPAC9030

I'm curious if it is normal for the compressor to cycle on & off
repeatedly during operation (the fan runs continuous). I haven't timed
the on/off durations but it seems like it is on for roughly 1-2 minutes
and then off for 1-2. It seems to be cooling things off pretty well,
I just thought the compressor would stay on until the desired
temperature was reached.

thanks in advance,

Randy

Hi,

Compressor is likely not going on and off, you are possibly hearing the
water pump inside going on and off as it pumps the water created from
the cooling process over the hot condensor coils.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/