Posted to alt.home.repair

Default danby portable air conditioner

I just recently purchased a portable danby air conditioner model:
DPAC9030

I'm curious if it is normal for the compressor to cycle on & off
repeatedly during operation (the fan runs continuous). I haven't timed
the on/off durations but it seems like it is on for roughly 1-2 minutes
and then off for 1-2. It seems to be cooling things off pretty well,
I just thought the compressor would stay on until the desired
temperature was reached.

thanks in advance,

Randy