Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default What Glue/Adhesive Would Work Best To Do This?????

"buck" wrote in message
ervers.com...
I have two 4"x 6"x4' fir pieces that I want to glue together "using clamps
for 24 hrs" and NOT use any screws or nails. My questions are...... Would
Titebond II or III or an equivalent provide a really strong bond or could I
expect them to come apart fairly easy under weight (300 pounds pull)? I am
not really familiar with the newest glues/adhesives. I don't know if glue
bonds are stronger than the wood or not. I am trying to laminate different
size wood together..... but I have to feel somewhat comfortable that they
will not come apart easily.......ie glue 2x4 to a 2x6 to a 4x6
etc.......don't ask :~)

thanks for any help