Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default OT steel stud for shop building

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 01:39:24 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message

As an interesting aside, my window shaker AC unit in the bedroom plays
music very softly when it's running. Took quite a few times getting
up to see which radio had been left on before I tried turning that
off, and the quiet tunes stopped. Must be some kind of weird thing
with the fan spinning inside a farraday cage, or my brain is just
filling in the static, though it doesn't happen with a white noise
machine. I figure it's probably not me, though- it's usually stuff I
don't listen to, and comes complete with commericals.

Have you done anything to try and fix the problem? ~ maybe an extra
grounding wire attached to the case exterior or something?

Nah- it's just weird. By the time my head hits the pillow, I'm done
for most nights, so it's really not a problem. Working 12+ hours in
the sun on a day when you *need* a/c is better than a sleeping pill-
the neighbors could be blasting heavy metal next to the window, and it
wouldn't matter a bit.