Pete Logghe

Default O.T. Those ATF guys are silly

Don Foreman wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:45:34 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

This is what they are going to do and below you can read what happened.

November 4, 2003 - The ATFE and its contractor, Applied Research
Associates, have been purchasing high power rocket motors, rocket
kits, launch rails, electrical launchers and other items to conduct
tests at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. The purpose of the tests is to
provide proof that high power rockets can be used to shoot down
commercial aircraft during landings and takeoffs.

What a great boondoggle! Some guys have all the fun. I got to
work on a few boondoggles so I guess I've had my turn, but this
does sound like fun. ****-simple mission, gadgets to make and fly
on Unc's nickel, , get to blow things out of the desert sky. Sweet!

Ourr tax dollars at work, applying the guidance & control engineering
expertise of ATF agents to preserve our national security. Phew!

A great boondoggle? ?
Their mission was to _prove_ that one more freedom _needs_ to be taken away
in the name of security.
In an increasingly complex world, we can have a free or a safe world.
Maintaining both is becoming ever more unlikely.
Perhaps there should be more debate over which we prefer.
Pete