Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] ejb@ts-aligner.com is offline

Default New video: Sliding Table Alignment

Well Lew, I've been doing this since 1991. Do you think that's far
enough along for these guys? When I started there was no such thing as
a commercially made dial indicator alignment tool for woodworking
machinery. TS-Aligner was the first. I invented the whole category.
Now there are about a dozen competitors. If you're right, and they are
just fishing for the deepest pockets, then I don't need anything that
they can possibly offer. From my perspective, they would be parasites
looking for a big, fat, lazy, juicy host with far more money than
brains. They don't want to help grow a business, they want to see how
much they can get from it right away.

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com

Lew Hodgett wrote:
I think you hit the nail on the head - "small scale business". I don't
think that my situation merits a full time professional salaried
Marketing person. So, I've been trying to find an agency to help me
out. For some reason, agencies are being rather selective. I started
out thinking that they had to sell me on their ideas. Now I learn that
I have to sell them on mine. These are the folks that want me to come
to them with the Marketing Plan (complete with market research). Go
figure. Somebody obviously has far too much business.

snip

No, it is their way of finding out "Is this project funded?"

Are you for real?

What investment have you made to get your idea this far along?

From my perspective, they are just being prudent.

Lew