Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

In article ,
Tony Williams wrote:
I saw my first Prius in our local town the other day.

That's a bit of a worry considering how long they have been available and
how cheap they are to run - if dribble's claims are to be believed. A
minicab would recoup the capital cost extremely quickly if it were true.

It did a left turn up the hill just as I reached the corner. It
accelerated quite quickly, definitely not a slug. Whether or not the
Prius is successful is open to debate, but it is technically
interesting.

Of course they're interesting - but just not practical for the UK. They
make some sense as a town only car for the rich who want to appear to care
about the environment in the US. But cost too much to both run and buy in
the UK compared to a small diesel.

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.