Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

In article ,
Matt wrote:
Nope. The best of power generation and transmission equipment,
localised power stations and the picture is very different.

How do you get the fuel to those localised power stations? Magic?

Via the normal gas distribution network.

The normal gas distribution network would allow local generation of
electricity without alteration? I find that very hard to believe.

Obviously not via a standard
U6 meter Use of system charges are very similar though for gas
and electricity. Dribble is almost on the mark though.

In what way? He's theorizing what may be possible. Crystal ball time
again.

Local generation is only an advantage when the waste heat is used. If it
gets dumped like in the majority of large scale remote generation then
all the benefits disappear.

Indeed. However, more *major* investment needed. Which has to be paid for.
And as we all know the customer pays in the end.

--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.