Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Volex flat plate sockets/switches

On 2006-07-27 12:12:19 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
said:

It's also worth saying that sometimes the boxes end up being quite deep
because of mounting position and depth of tiles. Longer screws for
the wiring accessories are available if that happens.

And obviously that this is only acceptable if the wall material is
non-combustible. Obviously, tiles and adhesive are fire resistant, so a 10mm
gap between accessory and box is fine. I'd want to be a lot more careful if
the surrounding material is wood.

Christian.

Yes of course. I was thinking more about a box in an existing wall,
then addition of a thick layer of tiles. That can easily exceed a
standard screw length.