Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default New video: Sliding Table Alignment

wrote in message
ups.com...

So it always takes someone interested in the success of the business to
keep the marketing current and fresh, just like the engineers keep
chasing the next, important development in the product. And the finance
folks try to keep profit together, pay the taxes and employees and
suppliers, and hopefully, save a little to grow on.

Absolutely. I have found such individuals but they are all me. The
next best thing to do is find other people who are interested in
getting paid for bringing success to the business. In general this is
a very difficult task. Many want to get paid but few are interested in
the success of the business.

This really sounds like you are looking for people in the wrong places.
Typical professionals are very motivated by the success of the business -
often even more so than by the compensation. I would bet you might be
looking at people who are more like you professionally than you are at
business types. The other problem with small scale businesses is that they
either don't want to or haven't properly financed themselves to be able to
pay for what they want. There are real world wages to be considered and
they are often out of reach of the small business. Unfortunately there is
some truth to the old axiom that you get what you pay for.

One person can make it work on a limited basis but things are always on
the edge of getting out of control. So, it becomes a monumental task
of keeping lids on about six boiling pots.

Very true. And... that one person can only manage things to a certain point
of growth. Not because it's overwhelming in terms of work but because they
typically lack the vision, the understanding or the insight into how to get
to the next level. Any one person can only truly be good at one thing.
Mabye a couple, but not all.

A lot more interesting than I thought it would be! I hope people are
enjoying the video and the discussion.

I've been waiting for the scenes with the nekkid wimin. Which tape is that
on?

--

-Mike-