Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] ejb@ts-aligner.com is offline

Default New video: Sliding Table Alignment

Mike Marlow wrote:

Not really. Marketing and Finance types typically have Business Degrees.
That is what makes them more likely to become upper level management.

One would like to believe this. Experience and observations are to the
contrary. Business skills often (very often) interfere with upper
level management activities and objectives. I have been personally
informed that they are "threatening" with an official reprimand to
reinforce the message. This may not be apparent to someone with a few
years (or less) in the corporate environment. In a small company the
effects of a bad business decision can be absulutely devastating. The
same decision might go completely unnoticed in a big company. In fact,
I've seen countless such blunders spun in such a way that they were
praised and rewarded. Such situations are not conducive to the topic
of Business School basics. Bringing them up isn't exactly a good
career move.

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com