Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
New Wave Dave New Wave Dave is offline

Default How to match this moulding?

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
wrote in news:1153793193.035264.276830
@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

Hi,

The previous owner cut part of the crown moulding so he could fit
built
in closets. Now the closets are gone (good riddance) and I would like
to repair the moulding. Also, I'm adding an internal door that I
would
like to have the same moulding. The following is not a good picture,
but you can tell the shape:

Duplicate it as close as you can. The cove part is easy enough.
Match the ogee with a router bit profile that gets close. Replace the
entire closet's worth.
I've been replicating interior door and window casing treatments in
a 1923 Montrose house here in Houston. It turned out to be a two-part
deal, one for the cove and one for the ogee.

--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston