Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] ejb@ts-aligner.com is offline

Default New video: Sliding Table Alignment

Patriarch wrote:

Well, Ed, here comes another opinion, unsolicited...

That's what the newsgroup is for!

That marketing plan is no more a single, unchanging document than the
engineering plan is that the propellerheads slave over in the lab. It
develops, matures, changes and responds as tha market, competition and
the surrounding environment change. It is no more a 'do it once' effort
than anything else in business. Aged marketing plans are of little use.

Couldn't agree more.

So it always takes someone interested in the success of the business to
keep the marketing current and fresh, just like the engineers keep
chasing the next, important development in the product. And the finance
folks try to keep profit together, pay the taxes and employees and
suppliers, and hopefully, save a little to grow on.

Absolutely. I have found such individuals but they are all me. The
next best thing to do is find other people who are interested in
getting paid for bringing success to the business. In general this is
a very difficult task. Many want to get paid but few are interested in
the success of the business.

It can be one person, but they have to care about everything, and it
takes a dedicated one to make it work. And probably a few good
counselors, advisors and subcontractors, too.

One person can make it work on a limited basis but things are always on
the edge of getting out of control. So, it becomes a monumental task
of keeping lids on about six boiling pots.

I've found this thread interesting. Hope I'm not alone. ;-)

A lot more interesting than I thought it would be! I hope people are
enjoying the video and the discussion.

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com