Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default I Have An Excuse! Which Cordless Hammerdrill / Drill / Driver?

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:29:11 GMT, "Rudy"
wrote:

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message
If I had it to do
over again, I'm not sure I'd buy a dedicated screw gun again.

SSsssshhhuuusssssssshhhh!!! This is my chance to ditch the nearly-dead
13.2 FireStorm for something "real", like a DW!

I ve put in a LOT of Drywall screws with my DeWalt 12V cordless and its
light enough to hold over your head. The two battery set-up will give you
enough juice to work all day. I built a house with the DW and ran over
10,000 screws with it ( and an old Craftsman 9.6V) Theyre under $ 100 these
days.

Yes, but have you ever tried a screw gun?
I used to think these cordless drills were one of the wonders of the
universe, and maybe they are, but not for all things.
We had a pro drywall installer come in and show us (Habitat) a few
tricks. Also had one of those nifty screw drivers. The difference
was notable and I even talked him into loaning it to us (he was coming
back to help out more than once).
The screw gun is lighter and more suited to driving screws than a
cordless drill. A cordless drill will work, and if you can only get
one tool, than the drill is more versatile. But, if you can swing
both, (and I've seen the screwguns for under $100), go for the screw
gun for your drywall.

Renata

I just bought a Ryobi P220 18V 3 spd hammerdrill at HD for 49.97/ chgr
19.97/ 2 batts 39.97..whole works for $ 110 and it wails !..but try and hold
THAT baby over yer head for a while..