Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:46:00 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:04:13 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:01:57 GMT, John Stumbles wrote:

the effeciency of the electric vehicle is obviously going to be hugely
better than the IC vehicle).
Right up until the moment that you do the calculation correctly and factor
in generation and transmission efficiencies.
When it turns out to be reamarkably similar.

Similar to IC, yes. So no advantage.

Yes, and better than hydrogen.

However, 'no advantage' is a more sweeping statement than I would care
to make. Possibly in towns with regenerative braking there is an
electric edge.

As soon as they fit towns with regenerative braking, I'll reconsider.