Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default New video: Sliding Table Alignment

wrote in message
ps.com...

The reason you see more Marketing/Finance people in mid/upper level
management in large companies is purely political. These folks tend to
do a lot of presentations to executive management and receive a lot of
visibility for it. It colors everything that that top management sees.
Promotions naturally follow.

Not really. Marketing and Finance types typically have Business Degrees.
That is what makes them more likely to become upper level management.

Finally, the real issue comes through! In my 17+ years with HP, I
worked in a position which was right in the middle between the lab
(engineers), marketing, finance, and manufacturing. So, I'm quite
familiar with the issues between the "propeller heads" and marketing
"weenies". Believe me, it goes both ways!

Yes it does.

--

-Mike-