Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Ran oil out on riding mower -

You should be able to buy that engine for about $900 and bolt it on
yourself. Go here to find a dealer in your area.
http://kohlerengines.findlocation.com/search.aspx He'll need your spec #
serial# and any other numbers on that plate.

--
Steve Barker

"mar10" wrote in message
ups.com...
Have a 3 year old Craftsman 25hp Kohler engine riding mower. My dad
ran it dry on oil - didn't notice that the oil filter came loose
and ran it without oil till it died (unfortunately he has vision
problems and was unable to notice this)

Anyways- Sears has diagnosed that the engine seized and wants $2200
to fix - for $100 more I can get a brand new mower.

Has anyone run into this or have thoughts as to if this could be done
more reasonably by a small engine repair guy? Or do I bite the bullet
and buy new?

Thanks